Flu Prevention Tips Include Washing Hands
The 2014 National Influenza Vaccination Week doesn't start until December 7th but it is not too early to get your vaccination now. According to the CDC, flu activity commonly peaks in the U.S. between December and February. However, seasonal flu activity can begin as early as October and continue to occur as late as May.
In addition to getting vaccinated for the flu, children should take everyday preventative actions like frequently washing hands to reduce the spread of germs.
If you are an educator, and want to keep the flu out of your classroom, our Wash Those Hands! video is an excellent resource.
Students will learn:
- The benefits of hand washing for everyone
- All about germs — What are they? Where are they? How do they make people sick?
- Getting rid of germs — When is hand washing most important?
- What is the best way to wash your hands?
- What to use when soap and water is not available